Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memory Keeper

The girls are changing so fast. Since I don't do baby books, this blog is serving as one of the main memory keepers. So I thought I would use a post to make a few notes about things that I've noticed lately and want to remember later...

1. Izzy tried to feed Addie a cheese quesadilla today. Izzy likes for us all to enjoy any food she particularly likes (especially Popsicles, lollipops and cheese). More and more, she wants Addie to enjoy these too.

2. There are tons of sisterly snuggles right now. Izzy hugs Addie and they both giggle. Addie just developed this belly laugh that gets set off by Izzy's hugs or my tickles or my friend Shannon tickling her belly. It's the sweetest giggle ever! And Izzy is the sweetest big sister ever!

3. Izzy is loving all things outdoors. Sometimes when that fresh air hits her she just runs and laughs. Our "run"'usually takes us down the path to visit Sunny, the neighbors' dog. Izzy calls "SUNNNEEEE" before we are within 500 feet of the house:). When she was one year old she used to bark at the dog. The neighbors told me once at church that the dad went out to see why Sunny was barking. He came back in and said in a surprised fashion, "That wasn't Sunny barking, that was a little girl!". Lol! I love that story!

After seeing Sunny, Izzy usually leads the three of us (Addie often passed out in Ergo carrier) to see the ducks at the nearby apartment complex. She gets soooo excited over this! She talks to them a lot..."Hi duck, hi goose!".

4. Addie is teething and using her tongue to rub and comfort her sore gums. She looks like a lizard for most of the day. It's hilarious to watch. I just got out the teethers yesterday. I'm mildly OCD when it comes to germs. Having a baby who will want to put everything in her mouth and a toddler that touches everything with her usually dirty hands is going to test my wits. Yesterday Izzy wiped her runny nose with the baby's cloth wrist rattle. It's gonna be a long year...

5. I just feel so blessed to get to spend time with my girls and Jeff. Undeserving and blessed.

Oh and if anyone didn't get a copy of Izzy eating an apple in her sleep, let me know and I will forward it on. Jeff's hoping it wins America's Funniest Home Videos so he won't have to teach summer school :). (we find out tomorrow if he gets a summer school job- fingers crossed, prayers said!).

Hope everyone is doing well. Thx for reading:)




1 comment: