
Poor Pumpernickel. We awoke last night to her crying. When I went in I found she had thrown up...a lot. She still doesn't feel good this morning. She can't even keep Pedialyte down. So we are watching Kipper the Dog on Netflix via our Roku (so thankful for the Roku on days like this!).
I'm surprised we've dodged the stomach bugs for two years-- surprised and thankful! It's strange though after two years to feel unprepared for a day like this. Last night I was a bit stumped as to what to do. She was pretty messy. Throw her in the tub? I tried to imagine myself getting sick and someone tossing me in the bathtub...that dismissed that idea. Instead I soaped up a towel and wiped her down. Then we poured water over head while she laid on the changing table. That sentence sounds like some kind of water-boarding, but it wasn't that bad. She actually didn't mind. Afterward I put my hairgel in her hair to cover up the scent. She said, "Oooooo, nice!" then she requested going back to bed. She's Such a sweet little girl, even when she feels so bad.
It's weird having one kid sick while the baby needs so much attention. I wish I could cuddle with Pumpernickel but Chowder just doesn't want to nap except in the Ergo. But P is happy with her toddler couch (as you can see), her Kipper and Curious George. And I can fold laundry while wearing C-- and there's a lot of it to fold since last night!
Here's to hoping it's just the 12 hr flu, and that all of my breastfeeding antibodies keep Chowder from catching the bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment